Pancakes are a delight, not just because of their fluffy texture but of how versatile they are. They meld with everything, but most people still like the sugary delight of maple syrup on them. Not only is it unhealthy, but the sugar rush it will give you after will come down crashing fast, which can make you lazy in the long run.
It is time that you swap your topping with Manuka honey?
Manuka honey is earthier and less sweet but thicker than traditional honey. It comes from Manuka plants which are native to New Zealand.
Since the 80s, it has been found that Manuka honey is a good alternative to traditional honey because of its low-sugar content while maintaining the same level of taste. However, if you are to swap it on your pancake, you must use it right.
This article will reveal some pancake recipes to you that perfectly complement the early sweet taste of Manuka honey.
Recipes for the best Manuka honey pancakes
Pancakes are often considered special treats, but many consider them a healthy breakfast, especially fitness junkies. Here, we will cover the different types of Manuka honey pancakes for different occasions.
Nothing beats the simple, vegetarian pancake. The fluffiness is great, and the amount of cards is just right. People traditionally have it with a drizzle of maple syrup or blueberry syrup on top. However, as people are moving towards healthier alternatives to their favorite snacks, it is time to whip out your pancake better and look at this Manuka Honey pancake.
What will you need?
- One egg- medium-sized
- 100 grams of flour
- A pinch of kosher salt
- Almond milk - 150 ml
- Water - 150 ml
- Manuka honey - 1 tablespoon
- Greek Yoghurt - 1 tablespoon
- One cup of fresh berries.
- Get a large mixing bowl and crack an egg inside. Add a pinch of salt and whisk for one minute.
- Once the egg’s insides give you a consistent texture, pour the flour, almond milk, and water.
- Start whisking and continue till you reach a high level of consistency - which means that the mixture shouldn’t have any lumps.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and lightly grease it with a stick of unsalted butter. Now get a spoon, scoop the batter, and slowly drop it on the pan. Move your hand around in a spiral motion while doing so to get a consistent layer of pancake better at the base of your pan.
- Make sure that the stove is only slightly turned on, and flip the pancake after 30 seconds of cooking on one side.
- Put the pancake on the plate. Add a dollop of Greek yogurt and a cup of berries over it. Then drizzle a tablespoon of Manuka honey on top. If you have a squeezer Manuka honey, that would be even better as it will allow you to distribute the honey on the top of your pancake evenly.
If you are a gym goer looking to meet your macros right from the start of your day, then this protein pancake you cannot miss. It takes 25 minutes to prepare but has only 437 calories with 31 grams of protein.
What will you need?
- 1 Banana
- 100 grams steel cut oats
- Three eggs
- Two tablespoons of milk of any choice - we prefer almond
- Baking powder one tablespoon
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Protein powder
- Coconut oil for frying
- Squeeze Manuka honey
- Get a large mixing bowl and put your eggs in. Whisk the eggs for two minutes until you get a thick yellowish consistency before adding your oats, your eggs, milk, protein powder, and cinnamon.
- If you don’t want the crunch of oats to deter your pancake experience, pour all the above things into a blender and blend until everything combines into a smooth paste.
- Drizzle some coconut oil on a pan, scoop up your batter, and pour it over the pan smoothly. Cook for 1 minute on one side or until you see bubbles forming. Then flip the pancake and continue cooking for a minute more.
- Once the pancake is done, time for plating. Put the pancake on a plate and squeeze a tablespoon of Manuka honey over it. Serve hot.
- If you want, you can also add a dollop of peanut butter before topping it with Manuka honey.
Why are Manuka honey pancakes superior to traditional pancakes?
Here is a list of reasons why Manuka honey pancakes are superior to traditional pancakes in every way.
Less sweeter and don’t overwhelm the flavor
While maple syrup is a staple topping for Manuka honey, remember that its sweetness doesn’t let you taste the flavor of the pancake. Since the pancake absorbs it so fast, you feel like you are eating a fluffier version of maple syrup.
Manuka honey, on the other hand, is less sweet. That allows you to enjoy the true flavor of pancakes. You can taste the goodness of cinnamon, fruits, and other toppings, along with manuka honey.
Manuka Honey is far more healthier
Manuka honey is an alternative to overly sweet and sugary maple syrup. Also, it has fewer calories than traditional syrups, making it more macro-friendly. So, if you are into fitness, Manuka honey is a good way to get your sweets in without worrying about the consequences.
Get the best Manuka honey from Manuka Lab
If you want to sweeten up your pancakes with a healthy helping of Manuka honey, you need to have the right honey to boot. With Manuka Lab you will get the most authentic Manuka honey sources directly from the Manuka trees of New Zealand.
Reach out to us to order the right Manuka honey for your daily needs.