Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins with Lavender Manuka Honey Recipe
This recipe makes 6 muffins
Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, large
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lavender Manuka Honey
- 3 tablespoons Manuka Lab Manuka honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ tsp dried lavender
Butter to serve
Method for muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Mix the plain flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and place into a large measuring jug.
- Add in the Greek yogurt, milk, eggs and lemon juice
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold together until just combined.
- Divide the batter equally to make 6 muffins.
- Bake the muffins at 220 degrees C for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 180 degrees C and bake for another 14-16 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the centre a muffin and ensure it comes out clean.
Method for Lavender Manuka Honey:
- Combine the Manuka honey, water, and dried lavender in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, allowing the Manuka honey to dissolve.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the Manuka honey sit to infuse for 10 more minutes.
- Strain out the lavender before using.
- Serve with a little butter and lavender Manuka honey.