One of the great things about using Manuka Labs Flavoured Manuka Honey, is there is a flavour for any recipe, or any mood! This is illustrated by the number of recipes everyday Manuka can be used in – from breakfast smoothies to lunchtime muffins, after-dinner desserts to pick-me-up hot drinks. The unique flavouring of Manuka can be enjoyed as part of any dish, at any time of day. And this is before we delve into their wellbeing benefits!
Not only does our range of flavoured manuka honey taste fantastic, but the daily use of Manuka Honey has been shown to have a number of benefits, from soothing sore throats to help with wound healing, all because of it’s unique antibacterial properties!
Here, we’ve listed 5 interesting ways in which you can use Manuka in everyday recipes – so if you’re stuck for inspiration, we have you covered!
Using Manuka Honey In Your Everyday Recipes
Aside from their unique flavouring, one of the reasons Manuka Honey stands out above other types of honey is their antibacterial properties, thanks to it containing a chemical called Methylglyoxal (MGO). Manuka is used in recipes and has been studied to aid gut health and immunity – providing both a delicious treat and ongoing support towards better wellness.
If you’re considering using Manuka in your everyday recipes, here are 5 great ideas to think about:
1. Blend a teaspoon of coconut Manuka into a homemade smoothie
Offering a tropical-tasting, unique flavour, Manuka honey with coconut extract is a great way to enjoy your breakfast smoothie. If you want a more interesting way to start your day, Manuka Honey can add a touch of sweetness to your favourite, everyday smoothie - with that all important antimicrobial goodness!
2. Glaze the top of freshly baked muffins with blueberry manuka honey
Blueberry muffins are a timeless classic, so what if we were to tell you there was a simple way to make them even better? Honey is great to use to enhance the taste of blueberry; so why not combine the two! Manuka honey and Blueberry will add a tasty, healthier edge to your freshly baked muffins!
3. Stir lemon Manuka into your favourite hot drinkOften used when we’re feeling a bit under the weather, lemon and honey in hot drinks can offer a great ‘pick me up’ when needed. With the great-tasting and antibacterial benefits of Manuka and Lemon Honey, it’s not so much of a ‘pick me up’, but a ‘launch me up’! (Remember to always add honey to hot drinks after it’s been brewed – placing honey in boiling water will sterilise its effects).
4. Drizzle over fruit, try grapefruit halves with Flavoured Manuka Honey
Whether for breakfast, dessert or snacking, grapefruit offers a vitamin-packed healthy treat. Our range of Flavoured Manuka honey, whatever flavour takes your fancy, will enhance the taste and boost its wellbeing benefits, making sure that you're getting your 5-a-day
5. Pour mixed berries manuka honey over warm pancakes and wafflesWhile warm pancakes and waffles are a great way to start the day, many of us like to stick to the same tried-and-tested recipes. Why not give your classic breakfast foods a new edge with Manuka and mixed berry honey.
Choose MGO Manuka Honey From Manuka Lab
While MGO levels naturally vary in Manuka (depending on the Manuka varieties and environmental factors), the products on sale here at the Manuka Lab offer a more consistent level. MGO 40+ is low enough for daily consumption (making it easier to eat and include in recipes), but still offers the wellbeing benefits that are often spoken about.
This makes our ethically sourced MGO 40+ Multifloral Mānuka Honey (with a twist of natural fruit extract) a natural and super tasty sweetener to include in your daily diet for everyday health and wellbeing.
Why not take a look at the range of flavoured Manuka products we have on sale? Together with their great-value price, they offer an easy way for foodies new and experienced a great way to feel the benefits of culinary Manuka without paying the earth!Have any questions about our products or Manuka in general? Then please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com